|Ingredient||Metric / Imperial|
|Black Sable (aka Black Cod) - filleted, skin off, centre cut||680g|
|Miso Paste||23 mL|
|Maple Syrup||30 mL|
|Mustard Seed||5 mL|
|White Vinegar||15 mL|
|Dijon Mustard||5 mL|
|Olive Oil||60 mL|
|Fingerling Potatoes - red or white||450g|
|Red Onion||1/2 medium|
|Fennel - core removed, thinly sliced||1/2 large mL|
|Navel Oranges - peeled, pith removed, sectioned||3 medium|
|Granny Smith Apple||1 large|
|Kosher Salt, Fresh Black Pepper||to taste|
|Yield: 6 servings|
- Soak the mustard seeds in a non reactive bowl (stainless steel or glass) with the vinegar.
- Cook the fingerling potatoes in salted water until tender. Once cooked, drain and refresh under cold water. Cut into ¼ inch thick slices on the bias – reserve.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- While sectioning the oranges, squeeze the juice from the remaining flesh into the mustard seed and vinegar mixture
- To complete the dressing, add the Dijon mustard to the mustard seed/vinegar mixture and whisk well. Add the olive oil in a stream until well combined – season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the cooked cooled potatoes, red onion, fennel, oranges and apple in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently until well coated. Reserve until fish is cooked.
- Combine the miso paste and maple syrup. Place portioned fish on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the miso/maple mixture evenly on each piece of fish and cook in a preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
- To serve, place the salad on the plate and top with the cooked fish.